When it comes to getting your vents & chimneys clean, Melcher's Power Vac
is the one people trust.
People spend most of their time indoors. Indoor air can be 2-3 times more polluted than outdoor air. Homes and offices are now more tightly constructed, trapping dirt, dust and moisture which collects in carpets, on furnishings, and in your air duct system. The endless dusting and vacuuming doesn't help because air from a contaminated air duct system is continually being recirculated. Day after day, year after year, your air ducts are accumulating dust and contaminants. The average disposable filter traps less than 20% of the dust and pollen in the air. The other 80% passes through the filter into your air ducts. This debris and moisture provides an ideal breeding ground for molds, germs, bacteria, and fungi. When the air duct system is operating, these contaminants are blown into the air that you and your family breathe. These cause musty odors, aggravate breathing problems, and are a very real health hazard to you and your family. Half of all illnesses are either caused or aggravated by polluted indoor air.
Our Air Duct Cleaning Equipment and technique using large vacuum trucks for suction near the furnace as high pressure air tools are fed down thru the ductwoork from the vent area in the room is the most effective process of cleaning the debri out of the ductwork.
Dirt and dust in your heating and cooling system can reduce efficiency, making you pay more on fuel and electricity. Over half of the money spent for utilities in homes goes for heating and cooling. A clean system saves you money on repairs and monthly fuel and utility bills. Most problems associated with the malfunction of heating and cooling systems occur because of dirt, dust, lint, soot, carbon, sludge or creosote. These contaminants and lack of regular, adequate cleaning and maintenance are leading contributors to equipment breakdown, high heating and cooling costs and numerous preventable fires, sickness, injuries and death.
Disposable pleated air filters of non-woven fabric media have over twice the surface area of an ordinary fiberglass filter. They can remove up to 85% of dust and pollens and have up to 4 times the service life of fiberglass disposable filters. For the best results consider a washable, permanant electrostatic filter capable of removing up to 95% of symptom-causing dusts, pollens, molds and animal dander. Simply replaces the throw-away filter. Easily cleaned with soap and water. Designed to last the life of your furnace.........
Over time, your dryer vent fills with the lint that gets past your dryer's filter which can lead to overheating. A poorly venting dryer can take twice as long to dry clothes, have more service problems, and it can cause a fire. There are over 15,000 dryer related fires each year which cause nearly $100 million in damages.
To maintain your system do not exceed the length of ducting recommended by your dryer manufacturer. Longer venting and multiple elbows can slow exhaust. Flexible plastic duct can kink and collect lint in the ridges. If possible replace with rigid metal duct. Install a closable or screened hood cover to prevent birds nests. Regularly clean the lint screen and outdoor hood.
Never run the dryer when no one is home or when everyone is asleep.We remove lint, birds nests and articles of clothing from dryer vents in homes, apartments, and businesses. Call now for a free estimate.
The National Fire Protection Association recommends a yearly chimney inspection and cleaning if needed. During the winter when you use your wood burning system, flammable creosote and soot build up in the chimney. Humid, summer showers and a dirty chimney can produce an offensive odor.
Have your chimney checked every year to make sure it's properly venting hot, toxic gases and carbon monoxide. To help reduce creosote build-up in your wood-burning system burn only well-seasoned hardwoods. Have a chimney cap installed to keep out debris and prevent birds and animals from nesting in your chimney. Install a carbon monoxide detector to warn of harmful gases that may be entering your home due to a blocked chimney. Have your chimney waterproofed to prevent masonry damage. Have your chimney flashing inspected and maintained to prevent rain water and snow melt from entering and damaging walls and ceilings. Having a top sealing damper installed in your wood-burning chimney to save energy dollars and eliminate off-season odors is a great idea.
Now is a great time to have your professional chimney sweep inspect and, if necessary, clean your chimney system.
Celebrating over 37 years of Quality Service
Call us today "For a Cleaner, Safer Tomorrow."
Melcher's Power-Vac A Schwickerts Company
Waseca 835-2337 - Mankato 625-7557
Toll Free 1-800-873-8510